From Sandeep Khurana <skhurana...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tracing Hadoop using HTrace with Zipkin
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2016 14:05:55 GMT
Never used any of these. But reading documentation of the links you
sent "NeverSampler:
HTrace is OFF for all spans" . Should you not use either ProbabilitySampler
or AlwaysSampler

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Alexandru Calin <alexandrucalin29@gmail.com
> wrote:

> favorite
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39181880/tracing-hadoop-using-htrace-with-zipkin#>
>
> I am trying to use HTrace with Hadoop 2.6.0 on Ubuntu 14.04. I have
> followed Hadoop's HTrace integration tutorial here
> <https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.2/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/Tracing.html>
> .
>
> I have added the following configuration properties to core-site.xml on
> all nodes ( namenode & datanodes ), as specified in the tutorial:
>
>     <property>
>         <name>hadoop.htrace.sampler</name>
>         <value>NeverSampler</value>
>       </property>
>     property>
>     <name>hadoop.htrace.spanreceiver.classes</name>
>     <value>ZipkinSpanReceiver</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>         <name>hadoop.htrace.zipkin.collector-hostname</name>
>         <value>hadoop-master</value>
>       </property>
>       <property>
>         <name>hadoop.htrace.zipkin.collector-port</name>
>         <value>9410</value>
>       </property>
>
> I have followed the *Setting up ZipkinSpanReceiver* section, compiled,
> built & copied the libraries:
>
> /usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/lib/htrace-core-3.0.4.jar /usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/lib/htrace-zipkin-3.0.4-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>
> I have downloaded Zipkin from here <https://github.com/openzipkin/zipkin> and
> started the server running the jar.
>
> I have compiled, the TracingFsShell.java, with some minor modifications to
> including dependencies:
>
> import org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration;import org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell;import
org.apache.hadoop.tracing.SpanReceiverHost;import org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner;import
org.htrace.Sampler;import org.htrace.Trace;import org.htrace.TraceScope;

--
Thanks and regards
Sandeep Khurana