From Renjith <renjit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop In Real Scenario
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:32:53 GMT
Hello All,

before proceeding, seek an expert advice from the group, whether we can use docker for mac
and then get the docker image for hadoop. i observe that docker is light weight as they share
the same system kernel as well as less RAM space.

kindly advice as i am going to remove VM ware fusion from mac as it occupies majority of my
mac memory.

Thanks,
Renjith
> On 22 Jun 2016, at 08:17, Phillip Wu <phillip.wu@unsw.edu.au> wrote:
>
> You should be able to run it on a Mac as there is a Java engine for the Mac
>
> Hadoop binary are java binaries

os ) which I am using than installing vmware for Mac and then installing Linux os + javasdk
+hadoop.

> On 22 Jun 2016 07:15, "Phillip Wu" <phillip.wu@unsw.edu.au <mailto:phillip.wu@unsw.edu.au>>
wrote:
> This is my understanding:
> Hadoop provides a filesystem called hdfs which allows you store files, delete files but
not update files.
> There are other provides that can be installed on top of Hadoop eg. Hive that provide
SQL access to hdfs

> Hadoop simply can be one node or many nodes.
>
> Each node can be a namenode or datanode.
> Namenode store information about files. Datanodes store the file contents.
>
> The code is java and so can run on most Unix/Linux servers.
>
> Installation is by:
> 1. Download the software onto one node
> 2. ungzip/untar the software
> 3. Configure the software
> 4. Copy the same software and configuration to other node(s)
> 5. Format the namenode
> 6. Start the Hadoop daemons

files. or is it done at the backend or we should have the backend knowledge.