From Krishna <ramakrishna.srinivas.mur...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage of data node to run on commodity hardware
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 02:41:10 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to hadoop and I am thinking of requirement  don't know whether it
is feasible or not. I want to run hadoop on non-cluster environment means I
want to run it on commodity hardware. I have one desktop machine with
higher CPU and memory configuration, and i have close to 20 laptops and all
are connected in same network through wire or wireless connection. I want
to use desktop machine as name node and 20 laptop as data nodes.  Will that
be possible?

Extend to it is there any requirement for data node in terms of system
configuration? Now days mobiles are also coming with good RAM and CPU, can
we use mobiles as a data node provided Java is installed in mobile?

Thanks
Ramakrishna S