From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i686 support
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:45:05 GMT
It's possible it's a problem with the Fedora-packaged Maven or the jar
plugin. However, I was able to do a mock build (mock in Fedora uses
containers) to build it fine on x86_64. I've been given a hint as to how to
tell mock to use a different arch, but haven't yet had a chance to try it.

Mainly, I just want to make sure it's supported upstream. If it's not, and
never will be, then I can use ExcludeArch in the RPM spec. Otherwise, I've
gotta try to figure out why it's broken.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 4:31 PM Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for sharing that.
>
> I was expecting to see some kind of failure in building our C codebase,
> where a 32-bit vs. 64-bit portability problem is likely to happen.
> Instead, that's a failure in Maven's handling of a jar dependency.  I tried
> building from the 2.4.0 source, and I couldn't reproduce the problem.
>
> Is it possible that this is a problem specific to the Maven version
> running your build?  The BUILDING.txt file in the root of the source tree
> has details on what tools and what versions are required for the build.
>
> --Chris Nauroth
>
> From: Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org>
> Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 12:48 PM
> To: Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com>, "user@hadoop.apache.org" <
> user@hadoop.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: i686 support
>
> Well, the error I got was:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:3.0.1:jar (default-jar)
on project hadoop-yarn-applications-distributedshell: You have to use a classifier to attach
supplemental artifacts to the project instead of replacing them. -> [Help 1]