From Jilani Shaik <jilani2...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase bulk load with map reduce error
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 07:57:03 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to do hbase table bulk load from data file using map reduce. in
the process I am getting the Null pointer exception during the shuffle and
sort. I have both mapper and reducer in the flow. where as mapper is ending
with success and reducer not being invoked even setup.

It is showing the below error in terminal where the job executed.

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:191)

        at com.google.common.base.Splitter.split(Splitter.java:375)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.ImportTsv$TsvParser.<init>(ImportTsv.java:151)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.TextSortReducer.setup(TextSortReducer.java:105)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Reducer.run(Reducer.java:168)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.runNewReducer(ReduceTask.java:627)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:389)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:168)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1566)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:163)

Please let me know what could be the issue.

Thanks,
Jilani