From "Dietrich, Paul" <paul.dietr...@honeywell.com>
Subject RE: KMS for hadoop
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 13:51:05 GMT
I’m not going to be able to help much because I used Kerberos and Apache Ranger.

In the end I found a security problem that I posted here with no resolution so I am not using
KMS for now.

Paul

From: Aneela Saleem [mailto:aneela@platalytics.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 12:43 AM
To: Dietrich, Paul <paul.dietrich@honeywell.com>
Cc: Hafiz Mujadid <hafizmujadid00@gmail.com>; user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: KMS for hadoop

Hi Paul,

Can you please guide me what are the basic steps to configure KMS with Hadoop. Because the
documentation here<https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-kms/index.html> is very
brief. And i have non-kerberized cluster. Can you please guide us to take a very well start.

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Dietrich, Paul <paul.dietrich@honeywell.com<mailto:paul.dietrich@honeywell.com>>