From Mingyu Kim <m...@palantir.com>
Subject Re: Securely discovering Application Master's metadata or sending a secret to Application Master at submission
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 05:50:55 GMT
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for the quick response. That sounds promising. Do you know how I can extend the client
interface of the RPC port? I know AM has some endpoints exposed through the RPC port for internal
YARN communications, but was not sure how I can extend it to expose a custom endpoint. Any
pointer would be appreciated!

Mingyu

From: Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharmaks@huawei.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM
To: Mingyu Kim <mkim@palantir.com>, "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Cc: Matt Cheah <mcheah@palantir.com>
Subject: RE: Securely discovering Application Master's metadata or sending a secret to Application
Master at submission

Hi

Apart from AM address and tracking URL, no other meta data of applicationMaster are stored
in YARN. May be AM can expose client interface so that AM clients can interact with Running
AM to retrieve specific AM details.

RPC port of AM can be get from YARN client interface such as ApplicationClientProtocol# getApplicationReport()
OR ApplicationClientProtocol #getApplicationAttemptReport().

Thanks & Regards

Rohith Sharma K S