From Varun saxena <varun.sax...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: maximum-am-resource-percent is insufficient to start a single application
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 06:57:42 GMT
Can you open the Resource Manager(RM) UI and share screenshot of main RM page. We can check
cluster resources there. Most probably cluster does not have enough resources.
How much memory and VCores does your AM need ?
RM UI can be accessed at http://localhost:8088/

- Varun Saxena.

From: Phillip Wu [mailto:phillip.wu@unsw.edu.au]
Sent: 15 June 2016 14:42
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Sunil Govind
Subject: RE: maximum-am-resource-percent is insufficient to start a single application

Sunil,

Thanks for your email.

1.       I don’t think anything on the cluster is being used – see below

I’m not sure how to get my “total cluster resource size” – please advise how to get
this?
After doing the hive insert I get this:
hduser@ip-10-118-112-182:/$ hadoop queue -info default -showJobs
16/06/10 02:24:49 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at /127.0.0.1:8050
======================
Queue Name : default
Queue State : running
Scheduling Info : Capacity: 100.0, MaximumCapacity: 100.0, CurrentCapacity: 0.0
Total jobs:1
                  JobId      State           StartTime      UserName           Queue
Priority       UsedContainers  RsvdContainers  UsedMem         RsvdMem         NeededMem
       AM info
job_1465523894946_0001       PREP       1465524072194        hduser         default
 NORMAL                    0               0       0M              0M                0M
   http://localhost:8088/proxy/application_1465523894946_0001/

hduser@ip-10-118-112-182:/$ mapred job -status  job_1465523894946_0001
Job: job_1465523894946_0001
Job File: /tmp/hadoop-yarn/staging/hduser/.staging/job_1465523894946_0001/job.xml
Job Tracking URL : http://localhost:8088/proxy/application_1465523894946_0001/
Uber job : false
Number of maps: 0
Number of reduces: 0
map() completion: 0.0
reduce() completion: 0.0
Job state: PREP
retired: false
reason for failure:
Counters: 0

2.       There are no other applications except I’m running zookeeper

3.       There is only one user

For your assistance this seems to be the code generating the error message[…yarn/server/resourcemanager/scheduler/capacity/LeafQueue.java]:
if (!Resources.lessThanOrEqual(
          resourceCalculator, lastClusterResource, userAmIfStarted,
          userAMLimit)) {
        if (getNumActiveApplications() < 1) {
          LOG.warn("maximum-am-resource-percent is insufficient to start a" +
            " single application in queue for user, it is likely set too low." +
            " skipping enforcement to allow at least one application to start");
        } else {
          LOG.info("not starting application as amIfStarted exceeds " +
            "userAmLimit");
          continue;
        }
      }