From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: "Big Data" Problem
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 17:01:00 GMT
Hello Deepak,

This is a fascinating question, but it's not the right forum.  This list is for questions
on usage of Apache Hadoop.  I don't see anything about Hadoop in your question.  Even if the
software in question involves Hadoop, it's not a question about usage.  Unfortunately, I'm
not aware of a more appropriate forum for this question, so I don't have a recommendation
for where to take this.

--Chris Nauroth

From: Deepak Goel <deicool@gmail.com<mailto:deicool@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, May 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: "Big Data" Problem

Hey

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag~Bonjour

(Sorry, as this might not be the right question for this forum. However am not sure which
other forum would be able to address this problem)

I work for a "Big Data" company and we are supposed to provide the technology to a bank which
will link the corporate accounts and savings accounts of a customer.

So if a bank has given a corporate loan to a company and the company does not dole out some
payments from its savings account, then the bank should warn itself and take action against
the company as there might be a probability that the company might default on its loan.

Now we would be providing the technology however it is not completely ethical to link the
corporate account to the savings account of the customer company. However the bank is saying,
as it has all the data it can link it without any hassle. Even without informing customers.

This problem is similar to the "Nuclear problem" where the physicist provided the nuclear
technology to build nuclear bombs, but said that they just provided the technology. But it
is for the politicians to decide whether or not to use nuclear bombs on civilians. And hence
there is no moral obligation on the physicist.

What do you think I should do? Is there a problem at all or am i just over imagining things?
Should I provide the technology to the bank to link the two accounts?

Thank You
Deepak
   --
Keigu