From sky88088 <sky880883...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: No edits files in dfs.namenode.edits.dir
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 03:12:52 GMT

I use "hdfs -getconf" to check all the relate dirs, and still no edits files found.

Thanks Ravi's suggestion. I tried "lsof -grep edit" and "lsof -grep hadoop", but still nothing
meaningful found.

If really no edits persist to disk, any idea about how to fix this problem?

thanks

Subject: Re: No edits files in dfs.namenode.edits.dir
To: ravihadoop@gmail.com; sky880883368@hotmail.com
CC: user@hadoop.apache.org
From: gurmukh.dhillon@yahoo.com.INVALID
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 21:45:50 +1000

    Have you explicitly configured the parameter
    "dfs.namenode.edits.dir" ? else it default to dfs.namenode.name.dir

    On 20/05/16 4:46 AM, Ravi Prakash
      wrote:

      No! You are probably writing the edits file
        somewhere still. An `lsof` on the namenode process may be more
        revealing. Obviously this depends on configuration, but unless
        you have some really crazy settings, I'm pretty sure the edits
        would be persisted to disk.

        On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 2:47 AM,
          sky88088 <sky880883368@hotmail.com>
          wrote:

              Hi,
                I found that there is no edits file in my
                  cluster's dfs.namenode.edits.dir.

                      It is a 20-nodes cluster without secondary
                        namenode, and it runs well for a long while
                        (more than one year).

                    However, it's found that no edits file in the dfs.namenode.edits.dir
                        and the the fsimage file doesn't update.

                  Is it meaning that
                      all the metadata of name node only stay in
                    the memory?

                  Is there a way to fix it? Is there any
                    configuration to control the persistence?

                  Thanks!

Thanks and Regards

Gurmukh Singh