I am trying to use WebHDFS to append a large amount of data to a file. From the documentation I see that I send the op=APPEND to the NameNode first and then it sends me the location of the DataNode. Then I can start sending data to the DataNode using the op=APPEND. My question is, can I continue to write data to the DataNode or do I need to periodically recheck with the NameNode to see if it wants to send the new data to another DataNode? In other words, once I have received the DataNode’s location can I continue to send as much data as I want to that DataNode or will I need at some point need to start sending data to another DataNode for the same file? I hope this is clear as I am new to HDFS. Thanks, David