From Supreeth <supreeth....@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS timeout configuration
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 21:10:12 GMT
Hi:

We have a scenario in our hadoop cluster running ( 2.4.x), where in when an
accidental hadoop fs -lsr happens over the entire HDFS itself, takes a long
time (On the java client, which does such a call we eventually see memory
issues).

Is there any configuration which will make such queries timeout on the
server end? Say on the lines of

"If a response on a query response to the client takes longer than X
seconds, timeout the query or return an exception to the client" ?

Looking at the timeout configurations available, ipc.client.connect.timeout
is more during connection establishment and ideltimeout is when there is no
IO activity at all. Is there a timeout to monitor query response times?

Thanks,
Supreeth