From Jon Ernster <jon.erns...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question appending data using WebHDFS
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:45:08 GMT
Your file will be split up across numerous data nodes assuming the
file you're storing is larger than the configured block size.
Therefore you'll have file / blocksize across X data nodes.  This is
all handled automatically so you don't really have the ability to say
"I want this entire file on this data node".