From max scalf <oracle.bl...@gmail.com>
Subject move specific data set to specific nodes..
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 14:26:46 GMT
hello all,

I have a general question with regards to hadoop.  We have a 20 nodes
cluster, each node has about 8TB of local storage, our replication factor
is 3.  We plan to add 4 more nodes to the cluster as we are running low on
space.  I am sure I am add 4 more nodes with local storage of 20B each,
instead of our regular 8TB.

My question is, is there anyway to move specific data set(let's call this
COLD data that is NOT being accessed anymore) to these specific nodes as
these are storage dense node.

If that is possible how can we accomplish that, if not how do i fully
utilized the 4 nodes that will have 20TB of each node.  When I talk about
the storage on each nodes that is RAW storage.

any ideas/thoughts ??