From Francis Dupin <francis.du...@ifsttar.fr>
Subject Re: hdfs : Change supergroup
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:15:58 GMT
Thank you.

I think my problem was here :

When a file or directory is created, its owner is the user identity of
the client process, and its group is the group of the parent directory
(the BSD rule).

Le 09/02/2016 04:26, Harsh J a écrit :
> Changing the supergroup configuration would not affect the existing
> group maintained on the file inodes (its persisted since the
> beginning, not pulled dynamically from config at every restart). You
> will need to manually fs -chgrp those.
>
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:15 PM Francis Dupin
> <francis.dupin@ifsttar.fr <mailto:francis.dupin@ifsttar.fr>> wrote:
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     Concern Hadoop 2.6.0
>
>     When I create a file as superuser, the group owner is 99.
>

>     But I have created a user:group for the superuser : hadoop:hadoop
>     (1003)
>     and added in hdfs-site.xml :
>

>     <property>
>     <name>dfs.permissions.supergroup</name>
>     <value>hadoop</value>
>     <description>
>     The name of the group of super-users
>     </description>
>     </property>
>
>     Restarted all ... No change :
>     Files created are owned by hadoop:99 and in the webUI I can read
>     "hadoop:supergroup"
>

>     Any idea ?
>
>     Thank you

Francis Dupin
Bureau C106
tel : 01 81 66 83 82

IFSTTAR
COSYS / GRETTIA
Bâtiment : Bienvenüe
14-20 Boulevard Newton - Champs-sur-Marne -
77447 Marne-la-Vallée