From "O'Neill, Paul" <Onei...@dnb.com.INVALID>
Subject Run Yarn/Hadoop jar without first unjarring to /tmp folder?
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 19:44:29 GMT
Hey,

Is it possible to execute a jar without unjarring ro /tmp first?
We have large Shaded jars are so are running out of inode space on /tmp.

I can execute without unpacking via java -jar and adding the output from "yarn classpath"
however I am missing all the options that are set via the YARN script.

Is there anyway to do this other than manually duplicating the entries in yarn script?

Also, is it possible to change where the jars are unpacked to without also changing the Hadoop.tmp.dir
across all the data nodes?
It seems like these should be unrelated properties?

Cheers.

[cid:image001.png@01D05044.5C2AEE60]

Paul O'Neill
Principal Engineer
The Chase Building, 5th Floor
Carmanhall Road, Sandyford,
Dublin 18, Ireland
Direct +353 1 256 6090
Mobile +353 86 835 4084

http://www.dnb.co.uk/

[cid:image002.png@01D05044.5C2AEE60]<http://www.facebook.com/DunBradstreet>[cid:image003.png@01D05044.5C2AEE60]<http://twitter.com/dnbus>[cid:image004.png@01D05044.5C2AEE60]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/dun-&-bradstreet>[cid:image005.png@01D05044.5C2AEE60]<http://www.youtube.com/user/DunandBrad>
[cid:image014.png@01D05B13.3C473430]

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments (the "Message") is
intended for one or more specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient (or you are
not authorised to receive for the recipient), please notify the sender immediately, delete
this Message and do not disclose, distribute, or copy it to any third party or otherwise use
this Message. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and can contain viruses or
may be delayed and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves
the right to monitor, record, transfer cross border and retain electronic messages.
"D&B" is a trading style of D&B Business Information Solutions is registered in Ireland.
www.dnb.co.uk