From yaoxiaohua <yaoxiao...@outlook.com>
Subject mapred-site.xml change need restart whole cluster?
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 10:26:21 GMT
Hi,

                Env: hadoop2.3cdh5.0.2

                I need update the mapred-site.xml some content, java.opts

                Map and reduce's java opts, increase the memory setting.

                Action:

                I update one mapred-site.xml then scp to all dataodes.

                Then I observe that , sometimes, the container running with
old java opts, 1200m.

                Some containers running with 1638m(new).

                I don't  restart the rm or nm, could you tell me why?

Best Regards,

Evan Yao