From yaoxiaohua <yaoxiao...@outlook.com>
Subject Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 00:13:15 GMT
Hi,

                When we configure memory in yarn-site.xml, we find a
recommend in hortonworks  website.

Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0/bk_installing_manual
ly_book/content/determine-hdp-memory-config.html

       python yarn-utils.py -c 16 -m 64 -d 4 -k True

                my question is that, for first parameter is the

-c CORES

The number of cores on each host.

                How to calculate the number of cores on each host?

                Use nproc?  Or other tools?

                I know that our host's physical cores is 8, logical cores is
32.

                I should use which number? 32 or 8?

Best Regards,

Evan Yao