From Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Can't run rebalancer because it thinks another is running
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 23:47:08 GMT
Balancer writes the hostname to a file called  “/system/balancer.id”  if you check that
file you should be able to see where the other balancer is running.

Thanks
Anu

From: Marcin Tustin <mtustin@handybook.com<mailto:mtustin@handybook.com>>
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 4:32 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Can't run rebalancer because it thinks another is running

Hi,

I'm running HDFS in HA mode. I can't run the rebalancer because I get this message:

java.io.IOException: Another Balancer is running..  Exiting ...
Dec 31, 2015 12:22:09 AM Balancing took 1.159 seconds

Any suggestions as to why that might be; and if it's the obvious that it's running elsewhere,
how would I figure out where?

Thanks,
Marcin

Want to work at Handy? Check out our culture deck and open roles<http://www.handy.com/careers>