From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Falcon usecases
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 17:26:15 GMT
Hello Prav,

You might have better luck getting a response to this question by directly asking the Falcon
community.  I don't see a user@ mailing list for Falcon, but I do see a dev@ list.  More details
are here:

http://falcon.apache.org/mail-lists.html

For questions related specifically to HDP Sandbox, you'll likely get more help from Hortonworks
support forums.  (This is generally true for any vendor product that differentiates from the
Apache distro.)

I hope this helps.

--Chris Nauroth

From: praveenesh kumar <praveenesh@gmail.com<mailto:praveenesh@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Falcon usecases

Hello hadoopers

Just curious to understand what is the current state of falcon.. How much it is currently
being adopted in the industry.. Anyone even using it other than the creators?

There is not much information on the internet about falcon examples and use cases but then
it is coming along in HDP distribution. Hence this question on understanding what are the
best engineering/deployment principles around it ?

I personally tried the GUI and it doesn't seems to be working properly on HDP sandbox 2.3.2,
but that is another question to dig later. Before that I wanted to understand the current
adoption of Falcon around big data industry.

Anyone with any insights, please share..!!

Regards
Prav