From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Falcon usecases
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 11:42:43 GMT
Thanks Chris for pointing me to the mailing list and HDP support forums.
However my question is more general and generic that is why I thought of
putting it here. All I am trying to understand from anyone in the hadoop
community who has encountered Falcon before to understand how the community
is responding towards it. Does anyone using it or trying to use it. I can
understand that falcon mailing list currently doesn't support user mailing
list that is why I thought of putting this question here rather than
subscribing to one more mailing list.

@Chris - What is the reason HDP is backing it and delivering it in the HDP
distribution? Do you see any future/current client use cases which kinds of
highlighting its necessities.

FYI - I am trying to be working on falcon for past 2 weeks and trying to
understand it much better from the industry point of view, hence asking
this to understand whether I am on a right path or its still a long way to
go before falcon can be used as a production tool.