From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject RE: [Classpath Issue]NoClassFoundException occurs when depending on the 3rd jar
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2015 16:21:38 GMT
Make sure you call job.setJarByClass with right parameters. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3912267/hadoop-query-regarding-setjarbyclass-method-of-job-class

Other than that, try to do 2 and 3 together just to test it out. There is no reason it doesn’t
work.

From: Todd [mailto:bit1129@163.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:01 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [Classpath Issue]NoClassFoundException occurs when depending on the 3rd jar

Hi,
I have two jars, A and B. A contains the class that has the main method, B contains the mapper
and reducer. A will collect B's mapper and reducer through reflection.
I am using the following commands to submit the job,but B's mapper class not found exception
is thrown.
1.
$HADOOP_CLASSPATH=B.jar:other jars
hadoop jar A.jar

2. HADOOP_CLASSPATH=B.jar:other jars;hadoop jar A.jar
3. hadoop jar A.jar -libjars B.jar

All the above three ways don't work. Can someone help me on this? Thanks!!

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.