From Jingfei Hu <jingfei...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Am I understanding right?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 01:44:06 GMT
Anyone?

From: Jingfei Hu [mailto:jingfei.hu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 6:26 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: jingfei_hu@hotmail.com
Subject: Am I understanding right?

Hi team,

I have some trouble to access a HDFS enabled with Kerberos using webhdfs
protocol. The Hadoop deployment is using HDP sandbox in Windows Azure, (just
one node). I tried several things.

1.       Enable the Kerberos according to the wizard

a.       I can access the hdfs file using webhdfs in that node with correct
Kerberos user name and password. (I am using curl -negotiate .)

b.       But I can't access the hdfs file outside of the hdfs cluster, say a
windows 10 client in our corp network.

2.       Enabled the Kerberos and connect it with a LDAP

a.       I can access the hdfs file using webhdfs in that node with correct
Kerberos user name and password. (I am using curl -negotiate .)

b.       I can access the hdfs file using webhdfs in a machine within the
domain which is connected with the KDC using the KDC user name and password

c.       I can access the hdfs file using webhdfs in a machine within the
domain which is connected with the KDC using the domain account and password

So my question is will 1.b work in any circumstances? Or it's not working by
design?

Thanks,

Jingfei