From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Max Parallel task executors
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 13:34:27 GMT

The formula for determining the number of concurrently running tasks per node is:

min (yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb / mapreduce.[map|reduce].memory.mb,
     yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores / mapreduce.[map|reduce].cpu.vcores) .

For you scenario :

As you told yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb is configured to 16 GB and yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores
configured to 40. and I am thinking
mapreduce.map/reduce.memory.mb, mapreduce.map/reduce.cpu.vcores default values.

min (16GB/1GB,40Core/1Core )=16 tasks for Node. Then total should be 16*4=64  (63+1AM)..

I am thinking, Two Nodemanger's are unhealthy (OR) you might have configured mapreduce.map/reduce.memory.mb=2GB(or
5 core).

As laxman pointed you can post RMUI or you can cross check like above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

 Brahma Reddy Battula