From Istabrak Abdul-Fatah <ifa...@gmail.com>
Subject Passing Args to Mappers and Reducers
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 13:22:39 GMT
Greetings to all,
Is it possible to pass args to Mapper and Reducers via the command line
args.
I need to pass some args upon the MapRed job invocation so that I can pass
these args via the Context object to the Mapper and Reducer code.
I am currently running Hadoop2.7 and tried to pass some args using the -D
VM args but it did not succeed.
Here are some failed code snippets:

~]$ yarn -Dista="666666" jar /opt/yarn/my_examples/AvgSix.jar
/user/yarn/input/samplefile.csv output

~]$ yarn  jar -Dista="666666" /opt/yarn/my_examples/AvgSix.jar
/user/yarn/input/samplefile.csv output

~]$ yarn  jar /opt/yarn/my_examples/AvgSix.jar
/user/yarn/input/samplefile.csv output  -Dista="666666"

Please advise.

Thx and BR

Ista