From Anders Nielsen <anders.shinde.niel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of hadoop in AWS - Build it from scratch on a EC2 instance / MapR hadoop distribution / Amazon hadoop distribution
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 21:53:52 GMT
Dear Jose,

It will help people answer your question if you specify your goals :

-If you do it to learn how to USE a running Hadoop then go for one of the
prebuilt distributions (Amazon or MapR)
-If you do it to learn more about the setting up and administrating Hadoop
then you are better off setting everything up from scratch on EC2.
-Do you need to run on many nodes or just a 1 node to test some Mapreduce
scripts on a small data set?

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 10:03 PM, José Luis Larroque <larroquester@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all !
> I started to use hadoop with aws, and a big question appears in front of
> me!
> I'm using a MapR distribution, for hadoop 2.4.0 in AWS. I already tried
> some trivial examples, and before moving forward i have one question.
> What is the better option for using Hadoop on AWS?
> - Build it from scratch on a EC2 instance
> - Use MapR distribution of Hadoop
> - Use Amazon distribution of Hadoop
> Sorry if my question is too broad.
> Bye!