From Abhishek Singh <23singhabhis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ETL/DW to Hadoop migrations
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 16:57:29 GMT
Hi Kishore,

Thanks for reverting. We are planning to do a POC in such a manner that we
can replace Datastage. Datastage and Teradata are costly tools which is
making a big hole in pocket. So, have you come across anything where ETL
pipeline could be replaced with Hadoop? I understand about connectors which
you are saying, but how about replacing an ETL tool?

Any links would do more than good.

Thanks once again.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <
write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Abhishek,
>    Are you looking for loading your data into Hadoop? if yes, IBM
> DataStage has a stage called BDFS that loads/writes your data into Hadoop.
> Thanks,
> Kishore
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 1:29 AM, <23singhabhishek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> I am looking for pointers on migrating existing data warehouse to
>> Hadoop.  Currently,  we are using IBM Data stage an ETL tool and loading
>> into Teradata staging/maintain tables.  Please suggest an architecture
>> which reduces cost without much degrade in performance.  Has anyone of you
>> been a part of such migration before? If yes then please provide some
>> inputs,  especially on what aspects should we be taking care of.  Talking
>> about source data,  it is mainly in the form of flat files and database.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Regards,
>> Abhishek Singh

View raw message