From Onder SEZGIN <ondersez...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: windows installation error
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2015 11:27:16 GMT
Hi,

I am writing this email as a note for other users to resolve if they come
across such issue.
Found the solution by trying numerous building hadoop distributions.
The problem is not due to hadoop distributions or versions obviously,
It is because of building winutils id hadoop-common project.

While building winutils, it was requiring

cvtres.exe to be called to build the Windows Solution
dependency(winutils.sln).

So if you installed .net 4.5 framework,

cvtres.exe was using a wrong version of dll dependency.

What i did was to uninstall .net framework 4.5 and installing 4.0 framework
which is using the right version dll file and helping maven package ...
command to get over the issue and build hadoop successfully,

Possibble other solutions which is reasoned by cvtres.exe are explained in
stackoverflow and in  this blog post and windows update reference site.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10888391/error-link-fatal-error-lnk1123-failure-during-conversion-to-coff-file-inval

https://aimslife.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/incremental-linking-lnk1123-error-in-vs2010-while-building-project/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/2011/04/01/visual-c-2010-sp1-compiler-update-for-the-windows-sdk-7-1.aspx

Thanks in advance...