From Laxman Ch <laxman....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrency control
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:12:15 GMT
Yes. I'm already using cgroups. Cgroups helps in controlling the resources
at container level. But my requirement is more about controlling the
concurrent resource usage of an application at whole cluster level.

And yes, we do configure queues properly. But, that won't help.

For example, I have an application with a requirement of 1000 vcores. But,
I wanted to control this application not to go beyond 100 vcores at any
point of time in the cluster/queue. This makes that application to run
longer even when my cluster is free but I will be able meet the guaranteed
SLAs of other applications.

Hope this helps to understand my question.

And thanks Narasimha for quick response.

--
Thanks,
Laxman