From Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Update or Workaround for HDFS-1312
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:59:11 GMT
Hi Vineet,

The best best as far as I know is http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#On_an_individual_data_node.2C_how_do_you_balance_the_blocks_on_the_disk.3F
.

Thanks
Anu

From: Vineet Mishra
Date: Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 11:26 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>"
Cc: "cdh-user@cloudera.org<mailto:cdh-user@cloudera.org>"
Subject: Re: Update or Workaround for HDFS-1312

Hi Anu,

Any work around/ alternate solution for the HDFS-1312 till the time the patch gets effected?

Thanks!

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Anu Engineer <aengineer@hortonworks.com<mailto:aengineer@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
Hi Vineet,

Unfortunately we have not made any effective progress on that JIRA(HDFS-1312). I intend to
work on it and I will post a proposal on that JIRA soon.
Thanks for your patience.

—Anu