From Varun Vasudev <vvasu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: yarn groups issue with ambari/hortonworks
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:46:35 GMT
This is probably due to Ambari agent. If you look at the ambari agent logs, you might see logs
like
2015-02-14 23:32:22,412 – User[‘yarn’] {‘gid': ‘hadoop’, ‘ignore_failures':
False, ‘groups': [u’hadoop’]}
2015-02-14 23:32:22,412 – Modifying user yarn

Where it resets the group for the yarn user.

-Varun

From:  REYANE OUKPEDJO
Date:  Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 6:15 AM
To:  User Hadoop
Subject:  yarn groups issue with ambari/hortonworks

Hi there,

I faced some  weird issue and I think there is no need to give many details other than the
actual issue.

When I add the user yarn to another group, I could see from within the same shell where  I
added him that yarn belongs to the new group . But after restarting the node manager through
ambari and open a new shell , I can see that yarn user no longer belongs to the new group.
My question is whether ambari is removoig the yarn user from any group other than it's primary
one. Any response to this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Reyane OUKPEDJO