From yves callaert <yves_calla...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop or RDBMS
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:53:30 GMT
I would also take a look at Hbase or Spark.

regards,
Yves

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:08:33 +0200
Subject: Re: Hadoop or RDBMS
From: james@123dm.nl
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Thanks Harshit,  ElasticSearch for Hadoop seems a very good idea!
Regards,James
Van:  Harshit Mathur <mathursharp@gmail.com>
Beantwoorden - Aan:  <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Datum:  maandag 13 juli 2015 12:54
Aan:  <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Onderwerp:  Re: Hadoop or RDBMS

I am not sure, but ElasticSearch can be a good candidate for this.

Regards,
Harshit

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM, James Peterzon | 123dm <james@123dm.nl> wrote:
Hi there,
We have build a (online) selection tool where marketeers can select their target groups for
marketing purposes eg direct mail or telemarketing.Now we were asked to build a similar selection
tool based on a Hadoop database. This database contains about 35 million records (companies)
with different fields to select on (Number of emplyees, Activity code, Geographical codes,
Legal form code, Turnover figures, Year of establishment and so on)
Performance is very important for this online app. If one makes a selection with different
criteria, the number of selected records should be on your screen in (milli) seconds.
We are not sure if Hadoop will be a good choice, for fast results we need a good indexed relational
database in our opinion…
Can anybody advise me?
Thanks!
Best regards,