From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop or RDBMS
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 18:53:56 GMT
On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Given the relatively modest dataset size, this sounds like a straight
> forward use case for a traditional RDBMS.

To pile on top of Sean's reply I'd say that given the current estimates a
traditional RDBMS such as Postgres could fit the bill. If the potential
scalability needs to be taken into account you could look at MPP-type
of solutions to scale from Postgres. Ping me off-list if you're interested
in that route.

To get us back on topic for user@hadoop, I'd say that Hadoop ecosystem
strategy for your use case has to be warranted by more than a size
of data. In fact, I'd say that the Hadoop and/or Spark would only make
sense to you if you feel like taking advantage of various analytical
frameworks available for those.

Just my 2c.

Thanks,
Roman.