From 罗辉 <luo...@celloud.cn>
Subject how to install fuse-dfs correctly in current version hadoop
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 05:56:14 GMT

Hi chris and all:
        I am also trying to access and operate HDFS in perl application via fuse-dfs. How
to do this successfully?
        I installed hadoop-2.7.0-src and ran "mvn clean package -Pnative -Drequire.fuse=true
-DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true" successfully. However failed to run "fuse_dfs_wrapper.sh
dfs://master:9000 /export/hdfs -d" with a error message "./fuse_dfs_wrapper.sh: line 54: fuse_dfs:
command not found". I checked line 54 in fuse_dfs_wrapper.sh, it is "fuse_dfs $@".
         in hadoop2.7.0 version, there is not  "fuse_dfs.sh" in the path "hadoop-2.7.0-src/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/native/fuse-dfs".
        Any idea to solve this problem?
       thanks.

Best wishes.

San.Luo
Celloud

在2015年07月23 03时18分,"Chris Nauroth"<cnauroth@hortonworks.com>写道:

The only fuse-dfs documentation I'm aware of is here:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-2.7.1/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/native/fuse-dfs/doc

(This is a link into the source for the recent 2.7.1 release.)

Unfortunately, this is somewhat outdated.  I can tell because the build command shows ant,
but we've converted to Maven.  Running this command would build it:

mvn clean package -Pnative -Drequire.fuse=true -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true

If you need more information on setting up a Hadoop build environment, see BUILDING.txt in
the root of the project's source tree.

--Chris Nauroth