From "Gangavarapu, Venkata" <Venkata.Gangavar...@bcbsa.com>
Subject RE: dfs.permissions.superusergroup not working
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 03:03:42 GMT
Hey Harsh,
Thanks for responding.

Sorry about that. It was a typo.

It was set as below

<property>
      <name> dfs.permissions.superusergroup </name>
      <value>hdfs,hdpdadmngrp</value>
    </property>

I changed it as below and it is working

<property>
      <name> dfs.permissions.superusergroup </name>
      <value>hdpdadmngrp</value>
    </property>

Looks like it accepts only one group as value. If that’s not true, please advise me whar
would have went wrong

Thanks,
Venkat

From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 9:26 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: dfs.permissions.superusergroup not working

Is there a typo in your email, or did you set dfs.cluster.administrators instead of intending
to set dfs.permissions.superusergroup?

Also, are your id outputs from the NameNode machines? Cause by default the group lookups happen
local to your NameNode machine.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 1:31 AM Gangavarapu, Venkata <Venkata.Gangavarapu@bcbsa.com<mailto:Venkata.Gangavarapu@bcbsa.com>>