From Xuan Gong <xg...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Default address configuration of Yarn HA cluster
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 23:00:30 GMT
Hey, Janghwan:

In YARN-HA, assume you have two RMs, with RM-ID: rm1, and rm2

you only need to set yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm1 and yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm2
(No need to set up all service addresses manually in HA).
For All the RM Service addresses, such as yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address. It
will automatically pick the ipaddress(or hostname) that you set in yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm1
or yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm2 with the default port number.

For example, if you set yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm1 as "localhost1", the yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address
in RM1 will be localhost1:8031.

Also, if you set yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address.rm1 explicitly in yarn-site.xml,
the resource-tracker.address used in rm1 will pick up the value you set for yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address.rm1.

Thanks

Xuan Gong

From: Janghwan Lee <janghwan.lee@gmail.com<mailto:janghwan.lee@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:36 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Default address configuration of Yarn HA cluster

Hi hadoop users,
For single resource manager, I can configure only `yarn.resourcemanager.hostname` than other
addresses are automatically set with default port with entries as following.

<property>
<name>yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address</name>
  <value>${yarn.resourcemanager.hostname}:8031</value>
  <source>yarn-default.xml</source>
</property>

However, it seems there is not any default values for HA configuration. For example, even
though i set `yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm1`, i can't find default value of `yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address.rm1`.
Do I have to set up all other addresses manually in HA? And what happens if I set only `hostname`.
I'm asking this since it seems working well with hostname configuration only.

Thanks,
Janghwan

P.S. This is my first mailing list post. I am sorry if i violated any protocol, and let me
know please.