From Nathaniel Braun <n.br...@criteo.com>
Subject RE: HTTPFS without impersonation
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:44:48 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

With this setup, only the HTTP user will be able to impersonate other users, so HTTPFS has
to run with the HTTP user.

Instead, I need users to run HTTPFS with their own user, not with the HTTP user.

Thanks

From: Wellington Chevreuil [mailto:wellington.chevreuil@gmail.com]
Sent: mercredi 3 juin 2015 13:41
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: HTTPFS without impersonation

Hi, do u have below property on core-site.xml file used by your hdfs?

<property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.HTTP.hosts</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.HTTP.groups</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
Hello all,

We need to run several HTTPFS instances on our Hadoop cluster, with different users (basically,
one HTTPFS per team).

In our setup, each HTTPFS instance runs as a team user and is allowed write access to that
user’s directory only (so, HTTPFS does not run as the httpfs user).

However, this setup does not work, as we get exceptions related to impersonation, such as
this one:

{"RemoteException":{"message":"User: team_user is not allowed to impersonate team_user","exception":"RemoteException","javaClassName":"org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException"}}

So, it seems that HTTPFS unconditionally tries to impersonate a user, even though it’s running
as that same user. Is there a way to somehow disable impersonation?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nathaniel