From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop YARN Birds of a Feather (BOF) Session at Hadoop Summit San Jose 2015
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 21:06:45 GMT
+1

Thanks
+Vinod

On Jun 4, 2015, at 1:05 PM, Subramaniam V K <subru.vk@gmail.com<mailto:subru.vk@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for organizing the BoF meetup.

We have put up an initial proposal @YARN-2915<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2915>
on Federating YARN to make it elastically scalable. This is critical for us to scale out YARN
to match the cluster sizes at Microsoft which are already at 10s of 1000s of nodes (and growing
daily). BoF would be a great venue to discuss our proposal in more detail as we are looking
for feedback from the larger YARN community.

Cheers,
Subru

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org<mailto:vinodkv@apache.org>>