From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Could not find any valid local directory for jobcache EXCEPTION
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 17:55:51 GMT
Based on this stack trace, I'm guessing that you're running a 1.x version
of Hadoop.

The TaskTracker uses a set of local directories on the node for storage of
submitted job files during the task's execution.  This is configured in
mapred-site.xml in the property named mapred.job.local.dir.  The
DiskErrorException means that even after trying all directories configured
in mapped.job.local.dir, the TaskTracker couldn't find a place to store
the files.  Possible root causes are misconfiguration, permissions on the
local directories blocking access, disks are full, or disks have failed
and gone into read-only mode.

I hope this helps.

--Chris Nauroth