From Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gad...@persistent.com>
Subject Access on HDFS
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 14:46:02 GMT
Hi All,

I want to add a user who can create/remove and perform all the operations on hdfs.

Here is what I tried:

1.       Create user: adduser admin

2.       /usr/sbin/usermod -a -G hdfs admin

And when I try to create a directory on hdfs under "/" it raises error as follows,
[root@vmkdev0021 ~]# id admin
uid=500(admin) gid=500(admin) groups=500(admin),498(hdfs)

[root@vmkdev0021 ~]# su admin
[admin@vmkdev0021 root]$ hadoop  fs -mkdir /input
mkdir: Permission denied: user=admin, access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x

Please let me know how can I overcome this, this is reallly bugging me.

With Regards,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.