From "Norman, Paul" <PNor...@tmvse.com>
Subject Windows installation
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 10:38:37 GMT
Hi,

I have just joined the mailing list so it's nice to be here!

My first question has probably been asked before but I don't see an easy way of tracking down
the answer.

I want to become familiar with Hadoop and would like to create a small cluster (2 or 3) running
on a network of Windows PC's (combination of Windows 7 & 8).

I have set up a single node using the instructions here http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows
but unfortunately the Multi-Node cluster section is empty.

Using that set up I have run through the MapReduce tutorial here http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/MapReduceTutorial.html
which all works fine.

Does anyone have a recommended link for basic step-by-step instructions on setting up a multi-node
cluster?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul