From ajisakaa <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: “dfs.namenode.service.handler.count” and “dfs.namenode.handler.count”
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 07:10:05 GMT
Hi jason,

Looked around the source-code, both parameters are not deprecated.

dfs.namenode.service.handler.count : Specifies the number of
threads for NameNode to handle RPC requests from DataNodes,
standby NameNode, and all other non-client nodes
(BackupNode and SecondaryNameNode). Default to 10.
This parameter is valid only if dfs.namenode.servicerpc-address
is configured. If the parameter is configured, NameNode
initializes extra RPC server to handle requests from
non-client nodes.

dfs.namenode.handler.count : Specifies the number of threads
for NameNode to handle RPC requests. Default to 10.

I'll file a jira to document dfs.namenode.service.handler.count.

Regards,
Akira