From Raviprasad N Pentakota <rapen...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.6 issue
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 03:32:09 GMT
Please un subscribe me from this list.

Regards,
Ravi Prasad Pentakota
India Software Lab, IBM Software Group
Phone: +9180-43328520  Mobile: 919620959477
e-mail:rapentak@in.ibm.com

From:	Kumar Jayapal <kjayapal17@gmail.com>
To:	user@hadoop.apache.org
Cc:	Anand Murali <anand_vihar@yahoo.com>
Date:	04/02/2015 07:50 AM
Subject:	Re: Hadoop 2.6 issue

$which java

make sure the paths are valid for your installation (change if using 32bit
version):
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac

Setup update-alternatives:

sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java"
"/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java" 1
sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javac" "javac"
"/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac" 1

sudo update-alternatives --set
java /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java
sudo update-alternatives --set
javac /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac

Alternatively, make sure the correct version is checked for both Java and
compiler:

sudo update-alternatives --config java
sudo update-alternatives --config javac

List the installed Java alternatives with: