From Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abba...@icloud.com>
Subject Filtering hadoop metrics
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 16:43:50 GMT
Hi, I am now working on hadoop cluster monitoring, and currently playing with hadoop-metrics2.properties
file. I would like to use filters to exclude the records which I am not going to use.
In fact I am trying to exclude “UgiMetrics” and “MetricsSystem” records, by using
the following
datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude=UgiMetrics
datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude=MetricsSystem

But the problem, is that since I am using the same key for different values, only the first
one is excluded. I’ve tried to use something like
1. datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude= UgiMetrics, MetricsSystem
2. datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude= UgiMetrics | MetricsSystem
but, in both cases I got the same result, only UgiMetrics are excluded.

Is there any way to exclude arbitrary number of records?
Thank you.