From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop or spark
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 12:47:46 GMT
I hope I am not misunderstanding your question but I don't think there is a
comparison between Spark and Hadoop. They are different things.

Hadoop is a platform on which you can run Yarn, HBase and even Spark. E.g.
Cloudera's Hadoop distribution has Spark, Hbase, Impala, Pig etc. as part
of its installation. Spark can run within a Hadoop cluster deployment.

I think a more apt comparison would be something like whether you should
use regular MapReduce on Yarn on Hadoop OR Spark on Hadoop.

Or even more direct would be Spark vs. Storm, which has been discussed here.
http://marc.info/?l=hadoop-user&m=140434265901449

Regards,
Shahab