From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.6.0, How to add/remove node to/from running cluster
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:53:59 GMT
Hi Arthur,

 > 1) How to add a new datanode to a running Hadoop 2.6.0 cluster?

Just starting a datanode is fine.
The datanode will be added to the cluster automatically.

 > 2) How to rebalance the cluster after the new node is added?

Please see
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsUserGuide.html#Balancer

 > 3) I could not find the section about how to decommission a datanode
 > from a running cluster

Please see -refreshNodes section of this document.
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsUserGuide.html#Shell_Commands

Regards,
Akira