From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: YARN HA Active ResourceManager failover when machine is stopped
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 04:38:01 GMT
Hi

     I had seen this issue in my cluster without HA configured when the process is Halted.
 I assume that your scenario also having similar issue when Active RM machine is Shutdown
abruptly.  May be you can verify and compare taking thread dump of NM and with below JIRA’s.

Open JIRA’s in community regarding this problem are
https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/YARN-1061 (Without HA)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/YARN-2578 (With HA)

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

From: Matt Narrell [mailto:matt.narrell@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 April 2015 23:28
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: YARN HA Active ResourceManager failover when machine is stopped

Also, another observation is that when the VMs are halted, its seems like the NodeManagers
do not consider this a scenario to round-robin among the configured ResourceManagers?  Is
there some timeout that I’ve missed to instruct the NodeManagers to do this round-robining
in the case of the machine not responding (to distinguish it from a network blip)?

mn

On Apr 24, 2015, at 1:50 AM, Drake민영근 <drake.min@nexr.com<mailto:drake.min@nexr.com>>