From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: installation with Ambari
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:26:01 GMT
When setting up /etc/hosts, you can use whatever domain name you would like (just pick one
arbitrarily).
For example, host01.hadoop, host02.hadoop, etc., where "hadoop" is the chosen domain name.

Yusaku

From: MBA <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com<mailto:adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2015 10:30 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: installation with Ambari

This is turning into less about Ambari and more general computing. I'm trying to set up Hadoop
on a home network. Not work, not on EC2; just a simple three node cluster in my personal computer
lab. My machines don't belong to a domain. Everything I read says that in this situation,
the computer name is the FQDN. Do I need to make a domain so my cluster will work properly?

B.