From Xuan Gong <xg...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Can not execute failover for RM HA
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:07:54 GMT
Right now, RM HA does not use ZKFC. So, we can not use this command “yarn rmadmin -failover
rm1 rm2” now.

If you use the default HA configuration, you set up a Automatic RM HA. In order to failover
manually,  you have two options:

  1.  set up manual RM HA by set the configuration “yarn.resourcemanager.ha.automatic-failover.enable”
as false. Then you can use command “yarn rmadmin –transitionToActive rm1”, “yarn rmadmin
–transitionToStandby rm2” to control which rm goes to active by yourself.
  2.  If you really want to experiment the manual failover when automatic failover enabled,
you can use command “yarn rmadmin –transitionToActive --forcemanual rm2"

Thanks

Xuan Gong

From: 郝东 <donhoff_h@163.com<mailto:donhoff_h@163.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 2:42 AM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Can not execute failover for RM HA

I just set up ResourceManager HA. Both of the resourcemanagers started correctly. When I killed
the active one, the other became active. But when I used the following command to do a manual
failover, I got exceptions. I don't know what cause this problem. Could anyone help me ? Many
Thanks!

Command:
yarn rmadmin -failover rm1 rm2

Exceptions:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: RMHAServiceTarget doesn't
have a corresponding ZKFC address
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.RMHAServiceTarget.getZKFCAddress(RMHAServiceTarget.java:51)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ha.HAServiceTarget.getZKFCProxy(HAServiceTarget.java:94)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ha.HAAdmin.gracefulFailoverThroughZKFCs(HAAdmin.java:315)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ha.HAAdmin.failover(HAAdmin.java:286)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ha.HAAdmin.runCmd(HAAdmin.java:453)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ha.HAAdmin.run(HAAdmin.java:382)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.cli.RMAdminCLI.run(RMAdminCLI.java:318)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.cli.RMAdminCLI.main(RMAdminCLI.java:434)