From "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: installation with Ambari
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 06:30:58 GMT
This is turning into less about Ambari and more general computing. I’m trying to set up Hadoop
on a home network. Not work, not on EC2; just a simple three node cluster in my personal computer
lab. My machines don’t belong to a domain. Everything I read says that in this situation,
the computer name is the FQDN. Do I need to make a domain so my cluster will work properly?

From: Yusaku Sako
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:38 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: installation with Ambari

Hi Adaryl,

Ambari expects FQDNs to be set on the hosts.
On your hosts, you want to make sure that "hostname -f" returns the FQDN (with the domain
name, like c6401.ambari.apache.org).

Your /etc/hosts should look something like below (note that for each host, there's the FQDN
followed by the short name):   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6 c6401.ambari.apache.org c6401 c6402.ambari.apache.org c6402 c6403.ambari.apache.org c6403

For your future reference, you may want to ask Ambari-specific questions via user@ambari.apache.org.

I hope this helps!